Western Australia will be entering teams in the National Championships being held in Adelaide, 26 – 29 Sep 2021 for the U/15 and U/17 age groups and the U/19 National Championships which will be in Perth, 9 – 12 December 2021.
Teams are Under 15’s (15/U – Born 2006 and younger) and Under 17’s (17/U – Born 04 and younger) and Under 19’s (19/U – Born 02 and younger) both male and female.
We are seeking expression of interests from coaches to lead respective teams preceding and during the event.
- The coach will conduct all training sessions in a professional manner where all athletes are engaged and treated equally, fairly and with an understanding of individual circumstances.
- The coach will develop the athletes’ skills and techniques using their best knowledge and experience for the players’ benefit.
- It is a requirement that team coaches communicate regularly with WPWAI and the Head Coaches of the Performance Pathway Program to discuss training plans as well as the performances of athletes.
- The coach will liaise with the North and South Performance Pathway Program coaches to determine the schedule for the program.
- The coach agrees to accept all requirements set by Water Polo WA in their contract, as well as abiding by WPWAI and WPA Codes of Conduct and related policies.
- The selection process will be undertaken by the Performance Pathway Program Management Committee. Selected coaches will b recommended to the WPWA Board for ratification.
The successful applicant must have the following accreditations and experience required:
– A valid current Working With Children Card
– Demonstrated positive behaviour and good sportsmanship
– Experience in development and elite-level junior coaching
– Current knowledge and understanding of tactical trends within the game
– Ability to work with other coaches and team management
– Current involvement in a Water Polo Pathway program at a State or National Level
Please include the following documents in your application:
– Cover letter – your cover letter should outline your experience, how you can contribute to the successful performance of the team and why you are interested in the position.
Please indicate what age group and gender would be your preference to coach and if you would be interested in coaching another age group if your first preference is not successful.
EOI’s CLOSE 15 June 2021
Please email to email@example.com.