We are recruiting – General and Operations Manager
|Position Title||General and Operations Manager|
|Short Description||Water Polo Western Australia Inc. is seeking to recruit a General and Operations Manager to implement and manage the strategic and operational objectives of the organisation.|
|Employer||Water Polo Western Australia Inc.|
|Work Type||Full Time|
|Location||Mt Claremont, WA, Australia|
Drive and lead the future vision for the organisationAbout the role
- Healthy, growing State Sporting Organisation
- Variable, hands-on role
The General and Operations Manager will manage the strategic and day-to-day operations of the organisation, with a focus on continuous improvement and development of the sport of Water Polo in Western Australia.
Duties and responsibilities
- Represent WPWAI at relevant State and National forums and meetings
- Set and deliver Operational plan and budget
- Key liaison between paid office staff and Board of Directors
- Effectively manage the operations component of the organisation
- Management and coordination of talent development, including high performance & pathway access
- Continuous improvement recommendation for statewide competition structures to increase participation
- Lead and support Clubs and Associations on operational and governance matters
- Preparation of administrative tasks relating to monthly Board meetings
- Manage the relevant legislative and compliance obligations of the organisation
- Coordinate the promotion of Water Polo and maintain relevant contact with all areas of the media
- Preparation and management of organisations budget
- Preparation of financial reports
- Preparation of monthly forecasts
- Coordination and communication with book-keeper
- Preparation of related board papers
- Prepare and present sponsorship proposals and funding submissions to current and prospective sponsors, partners and Government agencies.
- Sourcing and management of all relevant organisation insurances
- Management of support functions to the organisation, including IT
- Supervise, control and coordinate staff and manage all associated HR issues
Closing Date: 16 Mar 2017
|Phone (work)||(08) 9387 7555|
|Phone (mobile)||0437 908 599|
|How To Apply||
Applicants should provide a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability to the role. The cover letter should make reference to the noted selection criteria.
Chairman, Board of Directors
Water Polo WA
PO Box 458 Claremont 6010
To discuss your application or seek further information, please contact Lorraine Campbell, Board member on mobile 0437 908 599 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Other Details||Water Polo WA is the peak body for water polo in Western Australia. There are 16 affiliated clubs and associations, including metropolitan and regional, representing approximately 4000 registered junior and senior men’s and women’s players throughout the state.
Water Polo has experienced a significant period of growth during the past 5 years, adheres to high level financial practices and is currently in a strong position nationally in terms of participation, governance and success in the water.
Water polo is experiencing some change at both National, through Water Polo Australia Inc., and at a local level and there are great opportunities to be explored in the areas of governance, shared services and facility development and competitions and participation growth.
Western Australia is well represented in water polo at National level with strong performances at high performance level in the National Water Polo League and continued success in the National Age Group Club Championship.
Currently Water Polo WA has a focus on the local competition structure with contemporary models to be considered to ensure participation for all athletes and coaches can be enabled at all levels.