The WA Sports Foundation held a launch on 26th October 2016 of a series of 6 educational videos to promote the Safe Clubs 4 Kids program. WPWAI CEO, Dale Ballantyne, was in attendance and was impressed by the productions. “They are easy to watch, easy to use and will be an important resource for volunteers at water polo clubs all over WA” he said.
The launch was hosted by WASF Project Manager, Helen Cunningham, and the resources are designed to promote the club environment and normalise child safe guarding strategies.
You can access the 6 videos in the ‘videos’ section on the newly updated www.dsr.wa.gov.au/safe-clubs-4-kids webpage.
PBTR December 2016 online magazine featuring:
- Cyber Bullying
- Top 6 Issues for Play by the Rules
- Parents on trial
PBTR June 2016
Issue 15 of Play by the Rules online magazine featuring:
- How the post-game ride home can kill your kids love of sport
- Taking the plunge – Life after sport
- Supplements – Know what you are doing
Issue 14 of the Play by the Rules online magazine featuring:
- The Water Polo Pride Cup celebrates diversity, inclusion and equality in sport
- National sporting organisations combine to address violence against women
- What underpins parents boorish behaviour?
Encouraging Teens to Stick With Sport:
The Australian Sports Commission have released two videos featuring Australian athletes Laura Geitz and Stephen Moore.