Men’s A-Grade– Round 7 Results

Posted by:

THE last round of Men’s A-Grade competition action before the break until February took place on Saturday with Fremantle Conference wins for the Melville Sharks and Port Colts, and in the UWA Conference for UWA Rangers and UWA Flotsam.

The 2018-19 Men’s A-Grade competition will now take a break for the rest of December and right throughout January before returning on Saturday February 2.

But not before the last action of 2018, there was some tremendous action across the four games at two venues on Saturday.

The two Fremantle Conference matches at Bicton Pool saw the Melville Sharks beat Dolphins 9-8 while the Port Colts defeated South Fremantle Bloods 12-9.

The South Fremantle Bloods remain on top of the standings with five wins from the seven matches to be ahead of Port Colts (5-2), Melville Sharks (3-3, one draw) and Dolphins (0-6, one draw).

The UWA Conference action took place at HBF Stadium with UWA Rangers beating Triton 20-7 and then UWA Flotsam defeated UWA City Beach 13-6.

UWA Flotsam remains undefeated following the seven games in the UWA Conference while Triton and UWA City Beach both hold 3-4 records with the UWA Rangers now having scored their first win of the season to be 1-6.

The Fremantle Conference action got underway at Bicton Pool with the Melville Sharks taking on Dolphins.

It was a tight affair with the Sharks managing to prevail 9-8 with James Fannon scoring three goals and Sam Grattidge two. Sam Dobney and Peter Gaunt scored two goals apiece for Dolphins.

The next contest featured the Port Colts against the South Fremantle Bloods with the Colts started strongly with the first three goals thanks to Luke Pavillard, Jordan Kremers-Taylor and Davis Verboon.

They went on to lead 4-2 by quarter-time but the Bloods picked up some momentum in the second quarter and piled on the only five goals to head into half-time and changing ends with a 7-4 advantage.

The Bloods maintained a 9-7 lead heading into the fourth quarter, but Port Colts responded with the only five goals in the last term to come away winning 12-9.

Luke Pavillard scored four goals for Port Colts, Jordan Kremers-Taylor four and Davis Verboon two. Cody Smith and Alastair Bruce hit three goals each for the Bloods and Will Mackay two.

Kremers-Taylor received the three votes, Pavillard two and Petar Tomasevic one.

Then at HBF Stadium, UWA Rangers played Triton with Rangers opening up a 4-2 lead by the end of the opening quarter.

They maintained a 9-4 advantage by half-time before scoring the only five goals of the third quarter to lead 14-4, and then go on to win 20-7.

Menno Talbot scored five goals for Rangers, Riley Childs four, Owen Terry three, Charles Lennon three and Campbell McAullay two. Lewis Putt scored three goals for Triton.

Talbot received the three votes, Putt two and Parsa Vahdani one.

UWA City Beach and UWA Flotsam then did battle with Flotsam working their way on top early to lead 4-2 by the end of the first quarter.

There was just a goal apiece in the second term but then Flotsam pulled away with eight second goals to three to win 13-6.

Gaelan Patterson finished with four goals for Flotsam, Tom Powell three, Will Lantzke two and Andrew Ford two. Matt Murphy hit three goals for UWA City Beach and Sam Rowbottam two.

Patterson was awarded the three votes, Powell two and Murphy one.


Melville Sharks 9 defeated Dolphins 8
MWPC Port Colts 9 lost to MWPC South Fremantle Bloods 12

UWA Rangers 20 defeated Triton 7
UWA City Beach 6 lost to UWA Flotsam 13