Men’s A-Grade– Round 4 Results

Posted by:

MEN’S A-Grade action returned to Conference play on Saturday in Round 4 of the 2018-19 season and that saw the South Fremantle Bloods win while Dolphins drew with the Melville Sharks and UWA Flotsam and Triton were also victorious.

The Men’s A-Grade returned to Conference play on Saturday following the first round of Cross Conference action the previous week.

That saw in the Fremantle Conference at Bicton Pool, the South Fremantle Bloods beat the Port Colts 10-9 and then a draw between Dolphins and the Melville Sharks.

Those results leave the South Fremantle Bloods on top of the standings with three wins and a loss from the opening four rebounds. The Melville Sharks are second with two wins, a loss and a draw ahead of the Port Colts (2-2) and Dolphins (one draw, three losses).

And in the two UWA Conference match ups at HBF Stadium, UWA Flotsam defeated UWA City Beach 10-5 and Triton prevailed 11-8 over UWA Rangers.

That keeps UWA Flotsam undefeated after four rounds to sit ahead of Triton (3-1), UWA City Beach (1-3) and UWA Rangers (0-4) in the UWA Conference.

The Fremantle Conference action at Bicton Pool began with the South Fremantle Bloods taking on Port Colts.

After the Bloods scored first thanks to Alex Gunnell, Port Colts responded with the next four of the game from Clancy Neesham, Tom Prior, Jordan Kremers-Taylor and then Prior again to lead 4-1 midway through the second quarter.

They still led 5-3 at half-time and still 7-6 by three quarter-time, but the Bloods produced a dominant last quarter with four goals to two to turn the tide and come away with the 10-9 victory.

Will Mackay scored four goals for South Fremantle, Petar Tomasevic three and Alex Gunnell two.

Tom Prior finished with four goals for Port Colts, Clancy Neesham two and Jordan Kremers-Taylor two.

Mackay was awarded the three votes, Prior two and Gunnell one.

The second game at Bicton Pool featured the Dolphins and the Melville Sharks and it was another tight affair.

There were seven goals alone in the first quarter with the Sharks heading into quarter-time leading 4-3.

But by half-time scores were all square at 5-5 before it was Dolphins who took a 7-6 advantage into three quarter-time.

Dolphins still led 10-9 until a goal for the Sharks with 25 seconds remaining from Harry Bruce locked things away and secured the 10-10 draw.

James Fannon scored four goals for Melville who got two each from Harry Bruce, Nick Redbond and Joel Swift.

Jeremy Carbone finished with three goals for Dolphins, Chris Reynolds two, Peter Gaunt two and Harry Paterson two.

Dolphins ‘keeper Marko Draksimovic received the three votes, Fannon two and Paterson one.

Then in the UWA Conference action at HBF Stadium, it got underway with UWA Flotsam taking on UWA City Beach.

Flotsam ended up winning 10-5 with Nick Hughes scoring five goals and Will Lantzke four. Ollie Sheldrick scored two of the five goals for City Beach.

The second match of the afternoon at HBF Stadium featured Triton against UWA Rangers with Triton ending up prevailing 11-8.

Young gun Matt Oberman scored five goals for Triton with Lewis Putt adding three. Menno Talbot scored three times for Rangers and Campbell McAullay twice.


MWPC South Fremantle Bloods 10 defeated MWPC Port Colts 9
Dolphins 10 drew with Melville Sharks 10

UWA Flotsam 10 defeated UWA City Beach 5
Triton 11 defeated UWA Rangers 8