Water Polo WA is seeking highly qualified individuals with a passion for Water Polo and Referee development to join its Referee and Official Advisory Group (ROAG).
The ROAG has the following functions;
- provide recommendations to the WPAL Referees’ commission on interpretation and alterations to current laws of the game;
- the appointment of referees and technical officials to the Association’s competition matches, WPWACA Championships and any other competitions when requested;
- the supervision, mentoring and ongoing evaluation of referees and technical officials;
- the conduct and co-ordination of referees’ & officials’ courses at all levels throughout Western Australia; using only WPAL approved course material;
- the identification and recruitment of new referees and technical officials;
- improving the professional standing of referees and technical officials within the Association;
- improving the presentation of Association referees and officials;
- the promotion of the Association’s Codes of Behaviour for players, officials, coaches, parents and spectators;
- provide recommendations on appointments of local referees and technical officials at national championships and international games
Applications must be submitted using the prescribed form that can be found here
Your application should also include your CV and a covering letter outlining how you can contribute to the development of referee and officials in Water Polo in Western Australia. Your application should be submitted to General Manager WPWAI, Benjamin Haywood by email to email@example.com. Please contact Ben Haywood on 0437 908 599 for all enquiries.
Applications close Friday 28th September at 5pm.