For one-night only, join international best-selling author John O’Sullivan and local parenting commentator and educator Clark Wight to explore how sport is game-changing for parents. You’ll discover how to keep the fun in the game and support your kids to get the most out of sport – no matter whether they’re part of the team or striving for gold.
More than just fun and physical activity, sport encourages our kids to work together, be healthy risk-takers, show determination and courage and look at ways to overcome challenges.
Alongside the experts we’ll explore:
- How life skills learnt in sport prepare your kids for future challenges
- How active kids get a brain boost at school
- Keeping fun in the game
- A new approach to post-match conversations
- Why playing a variety of sports helps kids develop better skills and physical literacy
- Helping kids stay engaged and enjoy the sports you’ve paid for.
To close the evening, join an audience Q&A with our expert panel including Sydney 2000 Olympic Games water polo gold medallist Simone Fountain OAM (née Hankin) who will speak of her experience as an athlete and now as a mother of three.
This landmark event is a must for any parent, educator, coach or sport administrator already on the sporting journey or considering sport for your kids.
You’ll leave with:
- A fresh approach
- Reinforcement that sport is a game-changer for kids
- Positive ways to have better conversations around sport and participation
- Tips and tricks to better enjoy the sporting journey with your kids.